Monday, July 19, 2010

News

Well this seems to be the easiest way for me to share info with a large group of people. For those who didn't know I've been working on classes this summer to be certified to teach... yes me who said she'd NEVER teach. Now let's not starting counting how many times I've said "I'll never" because you'll quickly run out of fingers and toes to count on! Just got a job last Thursday afternoon. 4th grade @ Springtown Elementary School (SES)! I'm very excited. My schedule is crazy right now. I have so much reading, assignments and now my brain has shifted to all the new things that this job will entail. Brent, Mom, Dennis & Karen have been taking up all the slack while I am in classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights and ALL day Saturdays!

Brent is still working at the church. This has been his easiest summer. PRAISE THE LORD!! he's only been gone ONE week this summer!! Amazing that God worked that out for this summer!! He's just one test away from his black belt as well!!

Clark is very excited that he starts Kindergarten in August! He's even more excited now that I'm at SES because he was set to go to Goshen Creek Elementary (one of the other S-town Elem. schools, due to where we live) and now he'll go to SES too... his best friend, Todd, is going there!!! He couldn't be more excited! Mom has been working with him some this summer beginning to work on reading before school starts. He's doing well. We recently got him a dog. He wasn't thrilled at first but he's taken over the responsibility well & now talks about feeding "HIS" dog, etc. He named it Pojo. Springtown's "nickname". We're the porcupines (I know crazy mascot... but a play off the Odessa Mojo name). Clark plays alot of basketball and is always asking Brent to teach him something new.
Linc as you can see is growing like a weed. He's gonna eat me outta house & home when he gets a little older! He's a good-natured baby but he's already getting into everything!! Good luck to Popi (Dennis) who will start watching him when I begin teaching!!

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know a quick update of what was up with us!

3 comments:

The Levy's said...

A dog? Great...I will not hear the end of it from Raley when she finds out. ;) School stuff is so exciting! It has worked out perfect...i am so glad. Thanks for all the updates!!!

Kiki said...

Man, it HAS been a long time, Aimee! Thank goodness I don't count on the blogs to stay up with your family. :)

Love ya!

Jeremy said...

A new dog, a new job & 2 growing boys-- busy summer it sounds like. Congrats on the teaching job-- I'm happy for you & you'll do a great job I know! Those 4th graders are in terrific hands & I'm expecting big things from the Class of 2019 & beyond in Springtown. Go Pojo & go SES!!